Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Around Every Corner

Being a mom is AND isn't what I thought it would be. I was not naive going into this gig. I had lived with my sisters family when she had three young children before I was married. I saw the sheer amount of work and exhaustion, the bed time struggle, the tantrums and how much she swept off the kitchen floor every day. So I wasn't naive, yet I still really didn't understand all that I was getting into. I don't think anything can totally prepare you for motherhood!

One of the hardest things about motherhood is that it is always changing. Just as soon as I think I've got something even remotely slightly figured out, it changes. They change. There truly are surprises around every corner, good and bad. For me, the trick is barreling through the bad surprises and relishing the good ones. 

I had quite the surprise this week. For weeks I have been berating myself that Keagan is 7 years old and I haven't taught her how to tie her shoes! I felt like such a loser mom! Why are we so good at doing that to ourselves?! Anyway, I mentioned to her on the way to school one day that we need to make some time to master this milestone and I had a confused kid. She said "mom I'm the tier!  I tie everyone's shoes on the playground. You don't need to teach me anything!" So this flabbergasted mom took Miss tier to get her first laced tennis shoes and she tied them right up! Oh my Keagan! 
As always, the pose is all her! She really is SO much cooler then me, even at 7. I'm so worried about 17! 
But my gorgeous girl is such an incredible blessing! Since she has strep throat, we hung out all day. I told her several times that I was so sorry she was sick (even though she felt totally fine just couldn't go to school) but I just LOVED hangin with her! Who wouldn't love being with a funny, smart, entertaing kid? Especially when she's not fighting or arguing with anyone? She is even SO good at cleaning up messes now and totally reorganized the play room all by herself last weekend! 
At Doctor Reed's yesterday she wasn't a happy camper before they confirmed strep,
But her sister sure was happy and didn't even cry when she got her flu shot! What an amazing blessing that baby is! And although she brightens my whole world, she is also one that is challenging to keep up with! IEPs, therapy, orthopedics, insurance and doctor appointment scheduling was giving me the blues a little this week. But a sticky gigantic grin can solve anything! 
So can the cutest video you ever did see of Riley and her friends in her class dancing away to "Happy" that the best principal ever, Mrs Hernandez happened to catch! The cutest! 
If only I could get her to wear something besides her Brill spirit shirt to school EVERY day!! I pick out a cute outfit for her every morning and she either throws quite the dramatic fit or just picks it up and takes it and puts it back in her drawer. Little stinker! She sure has school pride! But can't say I blame her! 

Look what she wore on wear orange day! 
Surprises and all, I adore these little people that call me mom! I sure am Blessed! 
See? Look how much they've changed! I seriously remember this day like it was yesterday and it was five years ago this week! My babies! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment