Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Livin the Dream!

This morning was a brutal one! I think I would have rather had a root canal and a pap smear at the same time! That would have been easier then listening to the uncontrollable 20 minute tantrum Keagan had because I was packing her lunch instead of finding her "carmona" aka her harmonica. All while Riley refused to eat breakfast, threw it on the ground, put herself in time out three times, would not take her life saving medication, and eventually would not sit in her car seat without sliding all the way down and continuously kicking my chair! Good times people!

Yep, this is livin the dream!





So on the heels of that, and in an attempt to turn this day around, here's my top five things I'm grateful for today...

1. Everyone goes to school today! Hallelujah!!! This is so exciting! I will have a whole 3.5 hours in quiet peace! I'm going to use it to totally reorganize the play room and fight with an insurance company, but at least I will do it alone!

2. So grateful we have a warm safe house to live in! It's been brrrr freezing here! Not as cold as the Chicago Ginns, obviously in Chicago, but 26 degrees is almost hell frozen over in Houston, TX!

3. I was SO blessed to have a little staycation last week thanks to Nana, Taryn, Linda and Sa. Huge thanks to Nana! A pedicure, some sleep and two great dinners with friends was the best Christmas gift ever!


4. I'm thankful my girls love Disney as much as I do! The soundtrack to "Frozen" is on repeat in the car and it is ridiculously cute to watch Keagan belt out "Let it Go" at the top if her little lungs!

5. It's with reluctance that I say I'm thankful for all the Barbies that have taken over our house. Both girls love them. The second Keags wakes up she wants to play Barbies. I would be more thankful if it was easier for a five year old to change Barbies shoes by herself! And is it really necessary for Barbie to have thumbs? It makes it a lot more difficult to change her clothes!

Ok don't judge me but I think going home and clipping off Barbies thumbs is just what I need to turn this day around! That just might work! Hey I said don't judge me! I'm desperate! If that doesn't work at least tomorrow is a new day! Maybe one without Barbie thumbs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment