Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Shhh...Baby Sleeping

Sleepless nights, yawning, and dark circles under my eyes has been the norm around here. For 2 years my little miss Riley has had quite the sleeping arrangement. Every time this princess was to sleep, she needed to be held in some loving arms in order to do so. Initially and for the majority of this two years, it was because if her serious heart condition and then it became a habit so hard to break without breaking everyone's heart.

But now that her miracles of a better functioning heart have occurred, this very tired momma and nana (who so amazingly did half this job) have less of an excuse to not get this baby sleeping in her own crib. So the heartbreak has begun! The ever so horrible "cry it out" is much hated but much needed in this house. We are on day 4 of the 5 minute check on her and soothe her graduating interval approach. And it's been nothing short of BRUTAL!!! For all involved. But I'm hoping for a big pay off! One in which my little girl is more rested and a little more independent. Not to mention having a better momma who has had some sleep!

During the tears and screams which make her already infrequently heard voice very hoarse, and completely break my heart, I keep telling myself THIS TOO SHALL PASS! It's great advice often given by both my parents. I'm just hopping it passes really soon so we can get some sleep!!




My sweet niece Kellie has even done much more then her fair share of sleeping with Riley! She is amazing!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. SLEEP for all involved is sooooo important! You are doing the right thing - it's just so darn hard! Thinking of y'all - LOVE everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got caught up on your blog. You are so amazing! So inspiring. It is soooo hard but sooo worth it to put kids on a sleep schedule. I hope it went well and now you are getting some much needed rest! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete