Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

She’s Amazing!

I am SO proud of Keagan for speaking in front of our entire church congregation today on this beautiful Sunday! She was amazing! She spoke about being honest and bore her testimony of Jesus Christ! And she didn't even know before hand that President Ellis, our Stake President and Elder Douglas the Area Authority were going to be there! She said she was SO nervous, but I couldn't tell one bit! Everyone was super complimentary of her talk and I truly felt the Spirit! I am so proud of her and want to be just like her when I grow up! I have included her talk below....



HI my name is Keagan Kikuchi. I am 12 years old and in 6th grade at Doerre. I have a twin sister named Riley.  We have been in this ward for most of my life after I moved here from Hawaii as a baby. 

I was asked to speak today on the temple recommend question “Do you strive to be honest in all that you do?” 

Honesty is obviously very important to the Lord. It is one of the 10 commandments; it is included in the articles of faith and included here in the temple recommend questions to determine if we are worthy to enter His holy house. I believe being honest or at least striving to be honest is so important because it is necessary for us to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost which is what I am always trying to do.  

But I really like that the question says striving to be honest and not perfect at being honest. We are all going to make mistakes and thankfully we have repentance for that. But we should at least be striving or trying to live honestly every day. 

In the for Strength of Youth which sets good standards for all of us to live by not just the youth, it encourages us all to: “Be honest with yourself, others, and God at all times. Being honest means choosing not to lie, steal, cheat, or deceive in any way. When you are honest, you build strength of character that will allow you to be of great service to God and others. You will be blessed with peace of mind and self-respect. You will be trusted by the Lord and will be worthy to enter into His holy temples.”

I know that Dishonesty harms us and harms others as well. If we lie, steal, or cheat we damage our spirit and our relationships with others. Being honest will save us from hurting ourselves and others, bring less drama into our lives and help us to always be guided by the Holy Ghost.  So it definitely sounds like it is worth it to me to try everyday to live honestly. 

But being honest often requires courage and sacrifice, especially when others try to persuade us to justify dishonest behavior. When we are tempted to be dishonest, we can remember that the blessings of peace and the Holy Ghost that comes from being honest is more valuable than the temptation to do so.

I know that Heavenly Father wants me to be honest and I testify that it will bless us greatly when we strive to do so. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment