Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

More Important

I think I have made it ridiculously clear on this blog that I love my children. Keagan and Riley are my everything. They have my whole heart and they are my whole world. There is not enough words in the english language to describe my love for them. But I’ve learned something over the last couple of years about that love. I have learned that there is something more important then how much I love them. I’ve learned it is much more important for Keagan and Riley to feel loved. My love for them can not be about me, it’s about them. And my love for them, no matter how grand it is, is not enough. They have to feel loved, which includes feeling safe, protected, appreciated, enjoyed and cherished by many different people in their life. Which I know they are! They have an incredible village! And I hope I teach them of the unconditional love their Heavenly Father has for them! But when I learned this lesson I realized my love for them has to include supporting them to have a good relationship with their dad. Despite their dad and I being divorced and not agreeing on a lot of things, he is their dad. And he loves them. So my love for them has to include wanting them to feel loved by him. That is more important then any of our differences. If that makes any sense at all.

So Keagan and Riley have spent the last 5 days hopefully feeling a great amount of love from their dad. The effort he made to fly in from Hawaii for their Spring Break is not lost on them. And I know they have made memories with him that they will cherish like going to the rodeo, a musical, Top Golf, the playground, dinners, swimming and Dave and Busters. But more importantly they had time together and have felt loved.  That is what is most important! I have missed them terribly and I’m counting down the hours til I get them back tonight. But I’m so glad they have had this time with him! I admit I probably really needed a break and I’ve tried to make the best of it by cramming in meals with friends, sleeping in, temple visits, a pedicure, a haircut and late night game nights at Taryn’s. But thankfully my break will soon be over and my babies will be home! 

One of the fun things the girls did with their dad is they had a great day at the rodeo! Apparently they earned a plethora of prizes! And that was probably the best thing I did while they were gone as well. Taryn and I went to the rodeo kid free last Saturday for the first time and had an absolute blast! 








Before Spring Break the girls and I had a ton of fun as well! Friday was one of our very favorites at school. It was Hoe Down day! Both girls love learning all the dances to prepare for this and getting dressed up in their best western wear like true Texans! And oh how I absolutely love watching them do so! This years fun was multiplied by their incredible cheering section which included Nana, Sa, Todd and Grama Linda! Both girls were over the moon excited to have them all there and shine! My favorite of the 7 dances was Alabama Gal when Keagan and Riley were right next to each other. Keagan directed Riley where to go the entire time and hilariously resorted to picking her up and placing her in her spot several times! I also always love dancing the cha-cha slide with them each year! The Hoe Dowm is the best!


































Exactly a week before that we were in our western wear again for a super fun Activity Day Girl party at church for all the girls who are 8-11. Instead of a father/daughter night it was a single mom friendly “Gals and Pals” night. The girls leaders Sister Hecker, Sister Curtis, Sister Reeves and Sister Sablan worked SO hard and it paid off with an amazing night! We had dinner and played lots of games including get to know you games, one where we had to identify our girls feet, a three legged race, some relay races and stick horse barrel racing. We really had such a great time! 


























In between all that of course we were busy and having fun! Dinner at the Fosters, hangin at the French’s, working on our Come Follow Me including a fun experiment about the wise man and the foolish man, DPAC rehearsals, sliming Mrs Mason and playing on the new school playground equipment on a Sunday afternoon before we were supposed to! 




















And there was one magical night that I hope I never forget! As is our weekly routine on Thursday nights, Keagan went to Young Women’s with me and Riley stayed home with Nana to go to bed early. The YWs Activity was about make up and skin care and sweet Savannah Nickle did Keagans makeup. Of course she looked gorgeous but much to old! After the activity Keagan and I went to get an ice cream cone and then we drove around the neighborhood for almost an hour singing, screaming and laughing at the top of our lungs! And since I actually let her sit in the front seat I can’t imagine what we looked like! But when you precious 10 year old says “mom we have to take a selfie so we can always remember this!” then you know it’s all worth it! I’m pretty sure that girl has figured out just what is more important too!












0 comments:

Post a Comment