Pages

Monday, October 8, 2018

Half Way Out

A couple months ago at church the girls and I were introducing ourselves to a new family when one of the parents asked how old Keagan and Riley were. When Keagan responded that they were both 9 and the usual shock that they were actually twins wore off, the mother said “They are 9? Then they are half way out of the house!” It was then my turn to respond with shock as my jaw dropped and I said “that is one of the meanest things anyone has ever said to me!” Why would she ever say such a thing?! It stung so bad at the time and as the girls start their very last week as 9 year olds, it stings even more! 

That comment has left me wondering what have I done for the last 10 years! I would like to think that I have done the very best that I could and have loved my babies the very hardest anyone ever could. But man I have a lot of doubts and fears on that one! And to think that they are more then half way thru with this growing up business makes me want to throw up! There is just SO much more for us to teach each other, so much more conversations that need to happen and memories that need to be made and so much more love to share! So instead of being overwhelmed by what lies ahead, today I will cherish all that we’ve accomplished together before now! 

Here is a little bit of the most recent fun , memories, accomplishments and shenanigans. 

Keagan is stepping up her style game lately and stepping out of her shorts and tshirt comfort zone every couple days. Whatever she wears she sure is gorgeous! I am so proud of her for working really hard on school work and memorizing her lines for her role as Jovie in her musical “Elf Jr.”  When Mr Ortiz told me she was one of the kindest and most helpful students he has ever seen my heart could barely still fit in my chest!!


Miss Riley is just as amazing and busy too! I caught her being the weatherman one day at school and besides still loving her ballet class, baseball is back which is the absolute highlight of her entire life! Quite frankly, Keagan I love Thursday night baseball nights too! 






















We have had a long four day weekend and were able to get a lot done and have a lot of fun! Right now both girls are very happily playing with Izzy Monson but Friday we got the girls Christmas card pictures taken and I’m thrilled with them! Mrs Cotton took them at the Old Time Christmas Tree Farm so I could bribe the girls (aka Riley) with a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch and a ride on the choo choo train if they looked at the camera and smiled! We ended up having a really great time, saw friends and got pics done earlier then ever before! And afterwards we had a great visit with Gramas and Coach!

























Saturday we had a great time at Alessandro’s birthday party at Kangas. We certainly love our special needs family and appreciate the support and understanding that we all share! 













































Saturday afternoon the girls painted their pumpkins while I watched an AMAZING General Cenference session and they did great watching both General Conference sessions on Sunday! They worked on their packets I made them and earned prizes for listening to the talks to fill their bingo cards and I learned SO much, felt inspired, and really felt the Spirit! My testimony of Jesus Christ increased as did my love for our living prophet Russel M Nelson! And I’m stunned by the change to 2 hour Sunday services! 






Saturday night we took Miss Taryn dinner to celebrate her birthday and it turned it to quite the karaoke party! And then Sunday night was Mrs Taryn’s real birthday celebration! She had big plans to be at Disneyworld when she turned 40 and I had a big party planned as well. But unfortunately she is instead preparing for back surgery this week on a ruptured disc! Since there is not much celebrating she could do, Allie and I organized over 100 people meeting in her front yard to sing happy birthday to her last night and shower her with love! It was SO much fun!! 























I love that Miss Taryn so much and am SO thankful for the sisterhood, wisdom, support and laughter she brings into my life over our 26 years of friendship! But I sure wish we still looked like this! 




And finally the girls had their 10 year old well visits this past weekend. Let’s look at the basic stats to see what we’ve done in the last 20 years! Keagans stats are 64.4 pounds and 4 feet 3.5 inches. Riley is 44.6 pounds and 3 feet 9.5 inches. Keagan is in the 10th percentile of height and weight and as usual Riley is well below all the charts. But I would say they’ve come quite a ways from 3 pounds 7 ounces and 1pound 14 ounces!! So Dr Reed passed them both with flying colors and we talked about how we are both so amazed at all these two special angels have accomplished and the incredible girls they have become over the last 10 years. And there wasn’t a single mention of them being half way out the house! Thank heavens! 









0 comments:

Post a Comment