Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Best TEAM Ever!!

The other day I was sharing some good news with my sister when she said "ya know there are parts of your life that are so freaking hard! And parts of your life that suck! But the Lord totally blesses you in other amazing ways!" And my response? "Yes! Yes! Yes! This is what I have been saying!!" 

He does! He blesses me and my sweet girls in tremendous ways! Despite the hard, because of the Lord we have an absolutely wonderful and blessed life! One of the very best ways He blesses us is with putting amazing people in our lives! Recently, and particularly today, that has been blaringly apparent. 

SO many friends and family have bought the TEAM Riley shirts! People have been texting me and posting the cutest pictures! But today was down right overwhelming. So many of the teachers and staff at work/school surprised us this morning. My friend and boss Sandra had asked me for us three to wear our TEAM Riley shirts and to come in a little early to take a picture of the three of us. I thought that was so sweet but didn't think anything else of it. But instead we arrived to an incredible group of supporters wearing TEAM Riley shirts and cheering in the library! I immediately started to cry. I would have thought the cheering would have scared Riley but she opened her arms wide, grew her huge smile on her face and ran to hug everyone! It was absolutely amazing! They also gave Keagan a lot of love for being the team captain! The amazing Dayna Hernandez even came to show her love and Katie Spradley was so thoughtful to come in and take pictures of it all! There were even several teachers wearing shirts that couldn't be in the library for the picture. They also made an announcement about both girls on the morning announcements, which Keagan particularly loved!  I am still stunned and a little weepy. We are SO blessed! 

There is no question that it takes a village to raise a child. I have always said it takes an extremely large and extremely loving and supportive village to raise a special needs child! I am SO thankful that we have been so incredibly blessed with just that! Go TEAM Riley! 

Look at all that support! 

Them cheering! 

Rileys response! They said they have never seen a happier look on a child! 

So thankful Dayna was there! It wouldn't have been complete without her! 

Keagan's amazing teachers Mrs Evans and Mrs Rothermel!

Who orchestrated it all! Mrs Hinson and Mrs Speer are so wonderful! 

Sweet Violet Lopez even joined in! 

Meanwhile we were being supported at Kleb too by Gamas, Mrs Rhuleman and friends! 

And so many of our amazing friends! 

Miss Nikki

Miss Janelle

Miss Rina Kellogg who was Rileys first PPCD teacher

My friends in Michigan whom I've never met but who are a great love and support, Connie and Amy! 

The darling Blackhurt girls

And the cute Corson boys

And even the girls dad! 

Go TEAM Riley! 


1 comments: