Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Memory Lane with Tears

Today was Go Texan day for Keagan at school. That means she got to stomp into class in her pink cowgirl boots and the closest thing she has to western wear.


When I took that picture today and marveled at just how cute my little cowgirl was, I couldn't help but think of a similar one.


Same cute girl, wearing the same cute boots! How quickly time flies! Much too quickly!


Finding that picture led me to other old ones too. They made me ohhh and awww and get a little watery eyed.

This is my very favorite!


I sat and stared at this one for quite a while. I remember that day well. It was a memorable one.

It was such a hard time in my life. So much was going on for any one person to handle. The girls were almost 5 months old and required all that 5 month olds do, times two. We were still in a very scary place with Riley's heart and seeing her Cardiologist once a week. I was still dealing with the grief of losing my dad, trying to save a marriage that had blown up in my face and don't even get me started on my post-pardon depression! Life was hard!

But oh these babies! These two precious girls! If I think hard enough I can remember their sweet baby smell and noises. And I don't have to think much to remember those two precious smiles!

I worked hard to get this picture of the two of them smiling together. And I remember after I got it I just sat and stared at these two precious spirits that for some crazy reason The Lord had bestowed upon me. I realized then that He knew all my weaknesses and knew I would be raising them alone, and he still sent them to me! I was amazed and stunned by that. It was right then that I realized as long as I kept The Lord as my partner, I could actually raise these two sweet girls. Before that I really wasn't sure I could do it. He had given me an incredible family to help me, but I still didn't know if our little family of three could survive. But then I was reminded that with the help of The Lord and those two little smiles as motivation, anything is possible! And look at us five years later!

How thankful I am for not only the greatest partner I could possibly have to help me, but also for the two greatest little girls I could possibly have to enjoy this crazy life with! Crazy it is and always has been! But oh how I love it! And oh how I love them!

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! What precious pictures! Such beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this - you're a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! love those pictures and your amazing attitude! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a fabulous mom and a strong woman !! I'm very proud of you !! Hugs, Mrs. T>

    ReplyDelete