Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Quarantined Easter

In such a crazy time with Covid-19 turning the world upside down, everyone needs a source of joy and peace! Nothing brings me more joy and peace then the Easter Season and my testimony that Jesus Christ lives! Because He lives I can overcome fear. Because He lives I can repent and strengthen all my weaknesses. Because He lives I can know I am never alone and I can be with my family forever. Because He lives I can live a beautiful life here on earth and gain eternal life when I die. Because He lives means everything! 





We have had a wonderful time celebrating this Holy Week! We had the most beautiful Palm Sunday as we had the chance to listen to our prophets council and other great sermons during General Conference! It was absolutely beautiful, soul filling and inspiring! The focus was definitely on hearing Him and I loved it! A new proclamation celebrating the restoration of the gospel that began 200 years ago was announced, a new symbol of the church featuring Jesus Christ and so were 8 new temples including one in Dubai and one in Shanghai which is amazing! And we got to participate in something very special together with Nana and the rest of the church across the world which was the Hosana Shout! If we have to stay home for Sunday worship then my favorite would be General Conference! 













Throughout the week we watched the short bible video clips that the church produced and talked about Jesus’s last week on earth. I was so proud that both girls could really recall details about the events of Holy Week! They must have listened last year! We had a beautiful Good Friday uniting our faith with so many people across the world by fasting and praying that the present pandemic may be controlled, for caregivers to be protected, the economy strengthened and life normalized. 

Quarantine is no reason to let go of traditions! So of course we have decorated Easter cookies and dyed plenty Easter eggs! 
























The Easter Bunny came last night and brought so many fun things! Our traditional swimsuits, a book and chocolates plus lots more goodies like scrunchies, squishys, an avocado air pod case and farting bunny poop! Oh the farting bunny poop! Riley has laughed all day long! 











Keagan made fun fetti pancakes and Riley and I made deviled eggs for quite the Easter Brunch! We had a chance to read scriptures and pray our gratitude to our Father in Heaven for the sacrifice of His only begotten son. We got sweet delivery surprises! The Allred’s brought us a beautiful Easter lily and my laurel Amber brought us a huge plate of homemade goodies! We did some delivering of our own and set up an Easter egg hunt full of confetti eggs in the Whitney’s front yard! That was after our own fun Easter egg hunt in our yard and lots of confetti egg smashing over each others heads! Y’all SO much confetti! 













We had our weekly zoom call with the Ginn family that’s always great. Keagan made a delicious fudge bunt cake and let Riley help her decorate it! I made ham, funeral potatoes, asparagus (Keags favorite) and rolls. The girls set the table so cute and Nana joined us for the quietest Easter dinner we have ever had. We really missed our people but still did our traditional resurrection eggs activity and loved it! 












This is one of my very favorite Easter Quotes...


I have definitely had some dark Friday's in my life, we all have. And I’m sure we will have more. But because of Jesus Christ, because He lives and was resurrected on that Sunday, our Sunday’s always come! I’m so thankful to know that and thankful for a beautiful and happy quarantined Easter. It was one to remember! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment