Pages

Monday, March 9, 2020

The Middle

When I was little my family and I loved the Shel Silverstein book “Where the Sidewalk Ends.” I randomly remember a beautiful Sunday afternoon when I was probably 8 or 9. We all sat on the trampoline in the back yard passing the book around taking turns reading the silly poems out loud. My favorite was the one about the girl who would not take the garbage out, I could relate. 

When Keagan brought two Shel Silverstein books home from the library I was thrilled at her choice and wanted to create a similar memory for my girls. We sat on the floor reading the books out loud laughing at the genius creativity when the following part of one poem really struck me and quickly became my very favorite:

“There are no happy endings. 
Endings are the saddest part.
So just give me a happy middle 
And a very happy start.” 
- Everything On It

Keagan and Riley are smack dab in the middle of their childhood/growing up years. And I don’t want to even think about the ending of all that or I will probably barf! And unfortunately they both had a pretty rough start. But I sure hope they are having a happy middle! I am really trying to do my part to make it so by providing a good mix of fun and responsibilities, adventures and safety, teaching and listening, encouragement and love. And all the other tricky things. All the things. I sometimes fall really short of course. But I still see their middle is so full of great experiences, great people and great love! Both of them have trials for sure and hard things they face everyday, but these two amazing girls are living a pretty great middle! 

They had their very last Go Texan Day hoe down at school! They both got new boots for the occasion and looked as adorable as ever! They had worked hard, they both did really great in their performances, and they both absolutely loved it! I don’t like counting down these lasts but I’m thankful they get to do these things and that I always get to be there for it! It was so nice of Grama Linda to come and fun that we had a farm animal presentation as part of the hoe down this year! 







































They also had the last Boosterthon Fun Run at school! Riley was beyond excited as we got closer and closer each day because she knew she was getting a new T-shirt! Of course it has been difficult to get her to stop wearing it! I got to run some of her laps with her and Keagan ended up doing well over 50 laps! The fun run was officially fun! 

















Then they were back to running bright and early the next morning at Speedy Scottie’s running club! 








And had fun celebrating Dr Sues day and working hard at school! 








They had a blast at Shrek Jr rehearsal and playing Quidditch with their youth group. Keagan and I also worked on her family history and she found 6 family names to take to the temple for the Klein Ward youth night. What a special, special experience it is to be in the temple with her! One of my favorite places on earth with one of my two favorite people on earth! My other favorite person threw a tantrum to stay home with Nana unfortunately. But it was still such a beautiful experience! Even better for Keagan was she got to also do two of Grama Linda’s and two of Coach’s family names! 












Two weekends ago we went to the DPAC production of Little Women and we all loved it and cried! This last weekend we went to the littlest DPACers show of Winnie the Pooh and loved it too! Keagan actually performed with Ovation before both Winnie the Pooh shows on Friday and Saturday and then also at a homeschooling expo and did amazing! 



















In between all of this the girls tried to learn, eat and sleep at some point.  I tried really hard the get quality time with both of my babies and we actually got to hang out with the Frenchs. I recently found these old photos that showed me their middle has been happening for a long time! This was Riley’s first Boosterthon compared to her last posted above and my babies at their hoe downs in previous years. 













I think this is all evidence that Keagan and Riley’s middle is going pretty great! Let’s hope they agree and that we can keep that up! At least we should have fun tryin! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment