Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

Winter Break

I’m having serious depression tonight that winter break has come to an end already. I’m pretty sure a little piece of my heart died when I just set an alarm for tomorrow morning. SO sad! But the good news is we had a fantastic 2 and a half weeks off! We got a lot of crap done including purging drawers and closets and cleaning out the garage. But more importantly we made some fantastic memories together and had a serious amount of fun! 

I have no doubt if you ask the girls their favorite part they would say it was the play dates. One with Audrey and Lauren, two with Avery, one with Callie and one with Callie and Hope. We went to the tire park with Callie and the rock park with Avery. All the other times they just had crazy fun, emphasis on crazy! 



























We also got some time in with Campbell, went bowling with Callie and Mrs Heather and went to a magic show at the Woodlands Childrens Museum with the Lakes! Fun detail is both Keagan and Riley were picked to be part of the magic show and help with a trick! 





























One night we used the gifted tickets that the Johnson’s gave us and took Mrs Heather and Callie to the incredible Santa’s Wonderland in College Station. We had an awesome night tubing down the small hill on the fake snow and then playing in it, taking the incredible light show hay ride, dancing to live music, riding the kids train, having treats, confirming the girls are on the nice list, doing the toboggan shoot and seeing it snow bubbles! It was chilly and crowded but we had a wonderful time! And after some unrelenting begging from Keagan we had a fun stop at Buccees on the drive home.  















































The girls got good use out of all their Christmas gifts over this break. Riley loves her steering wheel and bubble machine and of course she has worn all the many different costumes she recieved. Keagan is figuring out her heelys so pushing Riley around the storage unit on the dolly today helped a ton! But she has gotten even more use out of a late gift. Sister Carey saw us taking a walk one day and noticed Keagan had definitely out grown her bike. So the next day she gifted one of their old bikes to her! It is a super cute big girl bike that Keagan has ridden a ton and loves it! 














On Saturday the girls had a primary (children’s ministry) activity to meet their two new teachers Sister Newitt and Sister Simmons. They are now in the valiant 10 class and with the recent changes in our church that means they are the oldest class in primary now! The girls were thrilled to be on the very back row and I still can’t wrap my head around the idea that next year at this time they will be in Young Women’s! This Sunday was super weird because it was the first time ever to officially only have two hours of church since that changed! I mean that is historic! We have done good for the first two weeks on the new Come Follow Me for families at home and I hope I won’t forget our shadow puppet lesson in Nanas closet and 3 funny games of memory. 






If you ask me what my favorite part of the break was it’s easy. Besides the obvious quality time with my girls it was combining the things I love- the people I love and good food! I finally convinced Taryn to go with me to Jin Korean BBQ buffet where we cooked our own meat at the table and we all loved it- including Keagan and Riley! On Sami’s last night we went to Bella Green, sat at a round table and had a great time and then hated saying goodbye to that beautiful girl! And my favorite was when we took Auntie Jenn to meet Sa, Todd, Sami and Miss Taryn for the best night of Thai food. There were so many years of love and laughter at that table and we had an amazing night chatting and laughing way too late and then Auntie Jenn spoiled us of course! 














See? We had SO much fun! Now all the Christmas stuff is down and packed away. The Christmas cards are always the hardest for me to take down as I just love those so much! 



Over the break we accomplished the chores and then some that I was hoping for and made the memories and then some that I was hoping for. So it was very fulfilling and more then fun! Like I said before, 2018 was definitely one of the best years ever for us so it’s going to be pretty dang hard to beat it. But so far we are off to a pretty decent start! In 2019 I hope to not drink ANY coke at all and have a TON more water. I hope to be consistent on Come Follow Me for families to teach and strengthen the three of us, and also I hope to be impacted by my 2019 word. This year my ward is TIME. I want to evaluate what I’m doing with the precious time I have, use it more wisely, spend it on those I love, and be deliberate and purposeful with it. 

That being said it has taken quite a good chunk of time to write this post so I better get to bed. Tomorrow it’s back to life and back to reality! The good thing is I like our reality! I like our life! So besides the alarm, going back really isn’t that bad. Actually, since it’s my word this year, it’s about time! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment