Pages

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Parades, Parties and Pills

Yep pills. I was going to say parades, parties and pneumonia but with the p being silent it just didn’t fit. Pills works cause I’ve taken a lot of pills in the last 24 hours since being diagnosed with strep and pneumonia! 

It’s 4am on Christmas Eve and I’m SUPER sick, coughing, hurting, itching because of an allergic reaction to one of the pills, miserable, and wide awake because of a steroid. So to try and distract myself I’ve decided to catch up on blogging about parades, parties and pills. Oh and lights, trains, and carousels too for that matter. 

Wednesday was our multi cultural parade at school. Since it was optional I was leaning towards being more of a viewer then a participant but of course my girls were all in. Out of their many cultures, the girls picked Hawaiian. Keagan worked hard to make a great float with the things her Grandma Debbie sent them from Hawaii. I was particularly impressed with her volcano! Both girls were thrilled to participate but Riley was over the top excited! She ran far ahead from her sister in her excitement as I’m pretty sure she was convinced that the whole parade was for her. I was proud of both my Hawaiian girls! 


















All the 3rd grade participants

All the parade participants










Thursday was our last day of school and our big Christmas parties! Third grade all made cute gingerbread houses and then Keagan got fun Friday on a Thursday and even got to eat lunch with Lauren! Riley’s room mom Miss Ann went above and beyond for a super fun party just full of amazing activities including a life size gingerbread house, the most darling Scottie cookies and balloon Christmas trees I helped make the night before. So fun! 




















But Thursday was chuck full of fun from morning to night! We were lucky enough to be able to spread lots of love and cheer this year giving gifts to show so many people we love and appreciate them at school! It was so fun passing out the 25 Scottie dog snap bags Nana home made, teacher gifts, and gift cards to the lunch ladies and janitorial staff! That was tons of fun! And so was our Christmas light hunt Thursday night. We had a blast driving all over town to houses that have been noted by friends and keeping score of our favorite ones late into the night! 













Before I got super sick Friday night I was feeling decent and we had a fun day with the Lakes. We went to the big miniature train display at Second Baptist Church together. We did the scavenger hunt and got our reward before heading to Memorial City mall for the double decker carousel and a treat. The mall 3 days before Christmas was a little rough but it was fun to meet the giant reindeer! 




















I was at urgent care until late Friday night and literally slept ALL day Saturday after the strep and pneumonia diagnosis. Besides pills I have essential oils, liquids, vitamin C, water, sleep and of course a priesthood blessing and LOTS of prayer! I’m headed back to sleep now as just blogging has exhausted me. I am very sad to say we probably won’t be going to church with this cough today, but I think we will still be able to salvage a Christmas Eve tonight! Its a can’t miss kind of thing and so this mommy won’t let a little sickness hold her back! It’s time to sleep and when we wake, hopefully we will put the merry in Merry Christmas! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment