Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

So Tired!

I am tired! Like so, so tired! I have been for two weeks. Like tired with an itty bitty t that almost looks like an x because it is falling down tired. 

I'm not sure if it's because I've had a headache for 5 days or because I'm still getting over that Riley and I had strep last week. Maybe it's because I missed church 2 weeks in a row or maybe it's the never ending chores and attending to the children. More then likely it's just trying to balance momming/work/church calling/house and life. And I'm not doing it all in a young, fit body and/or with a spouse to share the load. Whatever it is, I'm down right exhausted! 

My babies in the morning when they are still tired and haven't woken up yet...

The good thing is that even when I am tired, life still goes on. And my life has lots and lots of reasons to enjoy my waking hours! Thank heavens, or I would probably fall asleep standing up! And lots has happened in the 2 weeks that I haven't blogged that was definitely worth fighting the tired for! 

We've had play dates and LOTS of playing outside! We gotta get in time outside before it gets hot! On Saturday we even had a picnic and turned the slide into a water slide! 

It was the 100th day of school! 2nd grade is going by too fast! 

Our awesome running club did a food drive for SOUPer bowl. Love those Speedy Scotties! 

Riley and her besties Alessandro, Layne and Noah. I seriously love this beautiful picture SO much! 

More Makerspace fun! 

Keagan is absolutely loving both tennis and tumbling! Oh and she's doing so great in swimming too. She moved up another level to silver fin! I'm so thankful both girls are able to do the activities they are doing and explore their talents! 

And by far my favorite thing that has happened lately is that Miss Riley rode a scooter!!! The girl they said would never walk has been trying to ride a scooter for years! After school one day last week we played outside and she fell off that scooter 7 times. But she got back up 7 times too and then she finally did it!! It was a short and a slow ride, but it was the ride of her life! 

She is such an example to me! Everyday my kids teach me new things and I am so thankful! Hopefully their next lesson will be how not to be tired! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment