Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

You Can’t Make This Crap Up

Last Wednesday Riley got bronchitis. Lots of crying, fevers, coughing and cuddles, 2 doctors visits and being up half the night. 









Saturday Keagan very suddenly got the flu. An ER visit, fever of 103.9, lots of meds, and baths, lots of tears, body aches, leg cramps, throwing up, stomach ache, dizziness, hallucinations and even less sleep. 




We missed a lot of sleep. We were quarantined at home. I missed a lot of work. These are all things that put me right on the edge of a not so pretty cliff. 

By Monday night we thought we were in the clear. Everyone went back to school Wednesday and Thursday and everyone was totally great besides typical breathing treatments for Riley. We were all good! 

Thursday night Keagan didn’t go to baseball because she was tired. When we got home from baseball she had a 102.9 fever and I had to take her back to urgent care. After all the tests and X-rays it turns out my very exhausted and VERY miserable baby has pneumonia. Her body and immune system were low from the flu so she got pneumonia as a secondary infection. 





After a gut wrenching back and forth struggle in my head and heart I really had no choice but to leave Keagan home with Nana while I went to work on Friday. I have to pay the bills despite everything in me that wanted to be at home taking care of my baby! Keagan did fine resting and playing on her iPad and I struggled thru work until about 2:30 when Riley threw up in class! You seriously can not make this stuff up!! We went home and we all crashed and I even held in my tears of disbelief. 



Today we were supposed to go to Disney on Ice and had been looking forward to it for months! Instead we were home resting, quarantined for the second weekend in a row! The girls fought, whined and needed me a lot today. But we also played and cuddled a lot too which was good for all of us. At the end of the day when I was exhausted and ready to feel super sorry for myself, this happened....


And I was reminded that I am one incredibly blessed momma! Even with the tears, the whines, all the doctors appointments, the changes of plans, all the medication, the messes, the stress, the lost sleep and being stuck at home. Despite all of it, there are no two other people on the planet I would have rather spent the day with! Come mo day we are all going to be just fine and dandy. And I’ve decided we aren’t going to be sick again in 2018 at all! Yep, I’ve decided! 

Yes sometimes I look at our lives and think you can’t make this crap up! But I always think, thank you Lord!  Thank you for all of it! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment