Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Another Crazy Week

It was a little bit of a downer week. It was a rough one. So we partied this weekend and loved it! We had definitely earned it! 

Friday night was our 1st Annual Scottie Social at school and the girls had a blast with so many of their friends! And mine too! 

We love the Krenek girls! I get to work with Chantal and Keagan gets to be in class with Lauren.

Audrey and the girls Scottie tattoos. I told Keagan this better be the only tattoo she ever gets! 

The twins picture with the darling Jones girls!

Such cute Scotties! 

Where there is a turkey leg, there is a Keagan! 

Riley LOVED the drum line like her momma! 


Then on Saturday we all had a great time at Carly Kelley's gymnastics birthday party! We love those Kelleys too! 





And I should probably mention the downers as to why we all earned the party time...

On Monday the girls started swim again, which they are extremely happy about! After swim was over I thought I was being a really nice mom by taking them to the splash pad before dinner. Well Riley ended up with huge blisters all over her feet, some of which ripped off! Both of us felt SO terrible and she refused to walk! Miss Taryn came over Monday night with all of her oils and then Tuesday I took her to the doctor. She was inconsolable Tuesday morning that she wasn't going to school! By Wednesday she still wasn't walking and I didn't want her teachers to have to carry her around so she went to school in her wheelchair! It was so weird to see her in there! Thank heavens she started walking by Thursday! 






After school on Wednesday we all got our flu shots! Not fun but I was so proud of Keagan for not crying at all this year! So a little trip to Tutti Frutti was definitely in order! 


And then Wednesday night Keags wasn't feeling good and fell asleep at 5pm at Sa's! By what she described I thought she had gotten my strep so I took her to the urgent care while Riley went toYoung  Women's with Miss Taryn. I was so thankful she only had a sinus infections and that the next day was Thursday when I don't work so she could stay home. Instead of going to school she rested in her self made wind tunnel! 

So the week was rough for all of us. Neither girl felt good and I didn't get much done because the girls were home from school on my two days off. Not to mention the mommy guilt that ate me alive about those blisters!! But the week wasn't all bad of course! 

It was anti bulling week at school and on Monday we took a school wide rainbow picture using a drone with each grade in a different color! All the kids loved it!

And Wednesday was Texans day so both girls were super excited to wear their new JJ Watt jerseys! 


And my favorite part of the week was Tuesday night at Parent Night at Mahaffey. I was able to see even more clearly what incredible teachers both girls have and was particularly amazed at the curriculum in Riley's class! More and more I realize we are so blessed to be Scotties!

My invitation from Keagan

Teacher selfie with some of the parents!


I'm thankful that we survived another crazy week! And that it's a new week, we had an awesome Sunday at church and we have exciting things ahead! I'm not going to say this one won't be just as crazy as the last. That would be pretty naive of me considering our history of almost 8 years full of crazy weeks. But a girl can always dream, can't she?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment