Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thankful Thursday

It's Thankful Thursday and I sure have quite a lot to be thankful about! Here's a short snipet of an extremely long list. 

1. I'm so thankful for clean and happy babies in the quiet of what is bedtime. Just like every mom I am very thankful when my girls fall asleep and look like real angels on earth. But when I'm not fighting them, which has a lot to do with my attitude at the time, I'm so thankful for the peace that comes right before bed. Quietly reading our scriptures, precious prayers said by Keagan and lots of hugs and kisses. Those are the kind of nights I hope they remember! 
2. I'm so thankful for generous and talented friends that bring us seriously cute and yummy cookies! Thanks Janelle! 
3. I'm so thankful for strides made in Riley's therapy. She is starting a new communication system called PECS that uses small pictures to communicate and has responded really well! On a Monday Keagan was so sweet and participated in Riley's speech therapy and learning this new system. I am really excited about the possibilities with this! 
4. I'm so thankful for sweet sister moments like Tuesday night when Keagan tucked Riley in bed, gave her kisses and even put her finger in Riley's ear which is her favorite! 
5.  I'm so thankful for days like today where I can actually take a break from adulting and sleep off a horrible headache while the girls are at school. My days are usually so busy and full with heaven knows what, but it's amazing to get a break every now and then; despite the headache part of course. 

It sure feels good to use that break to count my blessings on Thankful Thursday! I could go on...and on...and on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment