Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Until We Meet Again

Six years ago today my whole life was so drastically changed. Six years ago today the greatest man I have ever known went to be with our Heavenly Father.

I miss you from the deepest and most tender parts of my heart dad. Every moment of everyday. And even more in the moments with my sweet little girls that I know you would have lived for if you could have.

I'm so thankful that our family is sealed together for time and all eternity! I know we will be together again. And until we meet again I know you are with us.

Tonight in between my tears I found such comfort..

Mark 10:9
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Jeffrey R Holland

"I think of those...who are grieving over the death of a loved one... To all of these and so many more, I say: Cling to your faith. Hold on to your hope. “Pray always, and be believing.” Indeed, as Paul wrote of Abraham, he “against [all] hope believed in hope” and “staggered not … through unbelief.” He was “strong in faith” and was “fully persuaded that, what [God] had promised, he was able … to perform.”

Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed.

Because Christ’s eyes were unfailingly fixed on the future, He could endure all that was required of Him, suffer as no man can suffer except it be “unto death,” as King Benjamin said, look upon the wreckage of individual lives and the promises of ancient Israel lying in ruins around Him and still say then and now, “Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” How could He do this? How could He believe it? Because He knows that for the faithful, things will be made right soon enough. He is a King; He speaks for the crown; He knows what can be promised. He knows that “the Lord … will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. … For the needy shall not alway[s] be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.” He knows that “the Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” He knows that “the Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.”"

0 comments:

Post a Comment