Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

An Amazing Au Pair




I have the most amazing Au Pair that "works" at our house alot of weekends.
She just happens to be 12.
She just happens to be from Tomball.
And she just happens to be my niece Kellie.

Makell was given the nickname "the baby whisper" when the girls were infants because she has always been so good with them! If you ask her what her favorite thing in the world to do is, her answer would be "babysit Keagan and Riley." She is so helpful and great to have around. And last night I really needed her help!

Kellie and Nana thankfully watched the girls for the night while I went out to a fun birthday party. But when I got home I could hear poor Rileys labored breathing on the monitor. I got her out of bed at 10:30 for a breathing treatment and to begin what ended up being a long night that I couldn't have done without my Au Pair.

Riley did not sleep most of the night. So Kellie just asserting herself to taking Riley at 1:30 for a little while and then again at 3 was more then welcome. After Nana also kindly helped out from 4 to 6, Riley and I both woke up for good at 6. I knew I needed to take her to the ER for her wheezing. So fortunately I knew the Au Pair would be able to stay home with Keagan and be just fine while Nana got some sleep.

While I was at the ER all morning with Riley, Kellie got Keagan up, fed her breakfast and they were playing outside when we got home. Then throughout the rest of the day she was so helpful as I was running on an in and out 4 and a half hours sleep.

Any mother would love a full time or even part time Nanny. But I'm just so thankful to have the Au Pair that I do! I don't know what we would do without the patient, loving, kind, and helpful Kellie! A fabulous Au Pair!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment